A Man, His Dog and Their Hikes

The continuing adventures of me and my dog. Read about our travels, and imagine your own. Life is Good. Enjoy It!

Monday, October 31, 2005

A Walk In The Clouds

Hello.

I hope you are well. have you been for a walk lately?
Java and I have, just this past weekend in fact.

We spent our time in two different locales: Nicholas
Flat & White Horse Trail, both in the Santa Monica
Mountains.

The biggest highlight of our hikes was views, or more
exactly the lack of them. I would love to say that
Java and I were witness to the white caps forming on
the Pacific, from high above on the ridges and flats
of the Santa Monica Mountain range, but I'm sorry to
report that was not the case.

Instead we were confronted with low altitude clouds,
known else where as fog. At greater than 1800 ft we
were literally walking in the clouds. At times
visibility was no better than 10 - 15 ft.

One, perhaps the only, benefit of the dense fog was
the need to do some improvised route finding. At
times we did some heavy bushwhacking up, and down
steep hillsides to find our way to the primary trail.
It was a little strenuous, but well worth the effort.

I hope you feel as I do - Life is Great! Enjoy it.

-Manny


__________________________________
Start your day with Yahoo! - Make it your home page!
http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home