Big Momma, Sespe, Charmlee and Arroyo Sequit... Wheww!
Hi everyone hope you are doing well. I thought I'd
write and share some of the fun Java and I have been
having recently.
Two weekends ago I was the lone Ceja representative
amongst the Castaneda clan at Lake Camanche, East of
Stockton, in central California. A very nice place -
Julio, Michael: You guys missed out on all the food,
drinks and fun in the sun!
While at Lake Camanche, Big Momma my cousin Carlo's
large, boat-pulled water lounger, put a big hurt on
several us - Perhaps me the most :-( How? Well the
top speed of his boat was at or above 25+ mph, and my
other cousin, Enrique, was determined to toss everyone
off the lounger - Which he did successfully, again and
again. The experience was like being pushed off a
moving car at 25+ mph then slamming onto the ground -
Ouch. That's what it felt like! After 6-7 falls, and
what felt like a mild concussion, I threw in the towel
and climbed aboard the boat - Carlos rode out all but
one attempt from Enrique to shake him from Big Momma -
Needless to say I have Big Respect for Big Momma! in
contract successfully getting up on the water skis was
much more enjoyable.
Last weekend Java and I had fun getting to know the
Sespe Wilderness better on one of its many trails -
The aptly named Sespe Trail. We went on a 8+ mile out
and back hike with great views of the now low volume
creek, many peaks and bluffs; the most interesting of
which was Thor's Peak.
This weekend we spend time tramping around the Santa
Monica mountains, at Charmlee Park, and Arroyo Sequit
Park. Charmlee Park was, as the name might suggest;
charming - Its western border gives you a 360 degree
view of the Malibu Coast, and the various peaks of the
Santa Monica national Recreation Area: Sandstone Peak
and Boney Mountain. There are numerous trails that
criss-cross the park amongst grassy meadows, and
numerous rock outcroppings, hillsides and Oak groves.
Arroyo Sequit Park was more sedate, but offered nice
canyon hiking in the shadow of the Sandstone Peak
ridge. Both parks were moderately easy, peaceful
places to stretch our legs.
Take care and stay well - I'm loving life and hope you
are too!
-Manny


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home